The Vision for the Knox Library
The Apostle Paul reminds us in Ephesians 4 that when Jesus ascended to the Father, he gave gifts to his church. Among those many gifts are teachers who exercise their ministry among the people of God so that the whole Body grows to maturity, "attaining to the whole measure of the fullness of Christ.” Over the centuries, God has graciously led his people into an ever-deepening grasp of the message of Scripture through the Spirit-gifted service of a multitude of teachers.
As we collect the best of Christian biblical and theological reflection over 2,000 years, our library will bear witness to the reality of the Risen Christ, his care for the church, and the fulfillment of his promise to lead us into all truth. The books we gather will bear eloquent testimony that in every age and in every place, the universal church has been taught by a company of devoted teachers who have instructed the Church in the meaning and application of the Word of God.
It is our hope and prayer that as the ministry of this great company is made available through the resources of the library, we will learn to speak "the truth in love” and "in all things grow up into him who is the head, that is, Christ” (Eph. 4:15).
About the Knox Library ---
Did you know…
Stop in and check out resources that may assist you,your family or your small group in your Christian walk!
- The Library is located opposite the Worship Center?
- That the library is open Sundays
10:45 - 12:15?
- There is a drop-off bin just outside the library for after-hours use?
- You can use the patron computer (by the window) to search library holdings?
- Audio-video resources are available for lending?
- The a-v materials focus on theology, marriage, finances, raising children, women’s issues and more?
all reference books may now be checked out?
- That new books are always being acquired?
- That the number of items for loan has been raised from three to five? (except holiday books and videos/DVDs)
- There are fabric bags available to carry your library resources to and from church?
- The Knox Library Catalog can be accessed online? (see below)
Knox Library Online:
You can now access the Knox Library Catalog online. Feel free to explore the library
collection. Just click the button below, then you can simply enter information in the Basic Search field to begin.
Knox Library Catalogue Online
Donating Items to the Library:
If you wish to donate items to the Library, simply leave a list of book titles you wish to donate on the library desk with your name, phone number
and email address, or email the list to Ruthann Donkin. We will determine which items are needed and then contact you.
Volunteering in the Library:
Knox Library Volunteers should be members of Knox Church or regular attenders who have a heart for connecting people to Christian literature and to other people. If you are interested in volunteering on a regular basis—or on an occasional basis—contact Ruthann Donkin. We will schedule an overview session to help you decide if the Library is the place where you are called to serve.