CHILDREN’S MINISTRY DIRECTOR
As part of the church’s Leadership Team, provide oversight for Children’s Ministries involving children, birth through grade six. We are looking for candidates who have a God-given love and joy for children, as well as an ability to think theologically about the formation of children and families as part of the ministry of the church.
- In concert with Knox’s overall mission and vision, oversee organization, administration, and supervision of all aspects of CM.
- Oversee recruitment, training, and support of CM volunteers and programs.
- Oversee annual events in the CM calendar.
- Maintain communication with the congregation, other Knox ministries, and outside groups using CM facilities.
- Oversee the CM budget.
- Prior training and/or experience in education, child development or social work is preferred. Theological education and/or ministry experience are a plus.
- Experience leading programs and events, working with volunteers, and/or coordinating church activities is preferred.
- Must be responsible, self-motivated, organized and detail-oriented.
- A team player, able to take ownership of projects and pull in others for help as needed.
- Be a professing, growing, committed Christian in good standing at your current church.
- Display leadership skills but also humility and teachability.
- Have an understanding of the theological and biblical framework of the Evangelical Presbyterian Church and a willingness to learn and grow.
- Able to handle Scripture faithfully and be willing to pursue membership in Knox Presbyterian Church.
- Full-time is preferred. We are willing to consider an initial, interim period that is part-time.
- Competitive salary, commensurate with experience. Benefits eligible at over 30 hours a week.
Using the link below, please email Verna Hinman your resume and cover letter. Be sure to address your personal qualifications in your cover letter. Resumes and cover letters will be accepted until the position is filled.