May 1, 2016 ”Did God Really Say?” is part 5 in the series on Bible Questions.
As we continue our sermon series on questions the Bible asks, what I want to do is to address the question, “Did God Really say…?” (taken from Genesis 3:1) with four questions:
1) “Is It Okay To Ask Questions?”
2) “Is Truth & Trust Really Important?”
3) “What Are The Implications For My Life And The Way I Die And The Way I Live?”
4) “What About You?”
Hold on to your seat as I expose Satan at his best in making us question if God speaks the truth and whether God can really be trusted. I will talk about ways to counteract some of the lies Satan gives, the truth of who God is, and the truth of His Word. As a skeptic, may you be challenged in your thinking; and as a Christian, may you experience a new confidence in your faith and grow in your understanding of this incredible God that we serve.
1. “I Don’t Have Enough Faith to be an Atheist” by Norman L. Geisler & Frank Turek
2. “The Reason for God” by Timothy Keller
3. YouTube clip: “College Kids say the Darnest things”
May 1, 2016
Pastor Tom Robinson
Genesis 3:1; John 1:14-17