All Knox Children’s Ministry Volunteer Staff are asked to complete the following application and screening process. These steps help ensure that working with children is the best fit for one’s ministry at Knox.
If you are interested in volunteering in one of our children’s programs, please complete all three parts of the application. Adult and teen volunteers have different application processes.
Adult Volunteer – Children’s Ministry Volunteer application process:
- Submit the online Adult Volunteer Application
- Complete and turn in the Authorization for Criminal History Check (.pdf). NOTE: Background searches are conducted every three years for those who serve with children.
- Submit the online Adult Policies and Procedures’ Checklist to confirm your comprehension of the material found in the Adult Policies and Procedures Handbook (.pdf).
Teen Volunteer – Children’s Ministry Volunteer application process:
- Complete the Teen Volunteer Application. NOTE: It is necessary to read the Teen Volunteer Job Description (.pdf) to complete the application.
- Submit the Teen Policies and Procedures’ Checklist to confirm your comprehension of the material found in the Teen Policies and Procedures Handbook (.pdf).
Children’s Ministry Policies and Procedure class
To ensure that all children’s programs are being run with integrity and adhere to the policies in the Children’s Ministry Handbook, all volunteers are also asked to attend a Policies and Procedures class when they first begin to serve and every three years after that point, for the duration of their service. This class is offered twice yearly. Volunteers will be notified when it’s time for them to attend the class again.
Drivers for Children’s Ministry Events
For those willing to drive for Children’s Ministry events, please complete these three steps:
- Complete and turn in the Authorization for Driving History Check
- Read the Transportation Safety Procedures
- Complete and turn in the Authorization for Criminal History Check, unless you already have one on file with Knox
Forms submitted online will be directed to Barb Paternoster. Hard copies of forms may be returned to Barb’s mailbox in the Knox workroom, located next to the office on the lower level.