Moms, Tots & Beyond
“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened…I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls” (Matthew 11:28-29)
Calling all mothers and mothers-to-be!
As a church, Knox is spending the year focusing on the theme of Sabbath. As a ministry, we want to think more about how the heart of Christ enables and invites us into that rest — even as stretched and quarantined mothers. What would it look like to understand the soul-rest of Jesus more deeply in this time? This year, MTB will be learning together from Gentle and Lowly: The Heart of Christ for Sinners and Sufferers by Dane Ortlund. This book draws out Scripture that reveals the compassionate love of Christ for us.
In this unique COVID season, MTB is adapting to the times by becoming “Moms, Technology, and Bible”! Some things will change and others will look the same.
What will be different?
- No childcare (We will miss you, tots! Look below for curriculum options at home!)
- More flexible meeting times (We won’t be tethered to Thursday mornings.)
- Devotional teaching will be recorded and shared online.
- Small groups will adapt, meeting online or in person according to the situation and what’s best for each mom.
What will be the same?
- We will seek Christ through his word.
- We will cultivate honest, caring community.
- We will support each other in our work as mothers.
- We will equip you with solid, Biblical curriculum for your prek/k children at home.
When will we start?
You are warmly invited to the first-ever MTB drive-by kick-off event! On Thursday, September 17, the teaching team will be ready to greet you, outside at Knox. We’d love to see you! There, you can pick up your MTB 2020 care package, including a copy of Gentle and Lowly. Please stop by at one of two times: 10:00 am-noon or 5:00-7:00 pm. You’ll find us under the awning in the upstairs parking lot.
Teaching times and small groups will start Thursday, September 24.
If you’ve not been able to be a part of MTB because of work, baby naps, homeschooling, or other schedule constraints, please consider joining us this year. You’ll be able to watch the video content when it works for you, and small groups will meet at various times. We’d be glad to have you.
Please register as soon as possible.