As part of the Children’s Ministry Leadership Team, provide oversight, plan, develop, organize, administer and evaluate Children’s Ministries involving children birth through grade six at Knox Presbyterian Church of Ann Arbor.
Children’s Ministry and Early Childhood Director:
- Benefits Eligible
- Wages commensurate with experience
Reports to: Senior Pastor
Works with: Elder for Children’s Ministry, Children’s Ministry Prayer Team, Children’s CE & Midweek MInistries Director, Children’s Worship & Kids’ Choir Director
- Develop a vision for Children’s Ministry (CM) in concert with Knox’s overall mission and vision.
- Oversee organization, administration, and supervision of all aspects of CM (e.g. Early Childhood, children’s worship, Sunday School, Special Blessings ministry, Moms and Tots, and Profession of Faith classes).
- Lead in ongoing planning, development, and evaluation of CM programs.
- Oversee annual events in CM calendar (e.g. participation in Sunday worship, Advent Celebration, Wednesday night activities, and summer event offerings).
- Oversee recruitment, training, and support of CM volunteers.
- Maintain communication with congregation, other Knox ministries, and outside groups using CM facilities.
- Oversee the CM budget.
- Have appropriate prior training and/or experience in education, child development or social work.
- Be a professing, growing, committed Christian of exemplary personal life with a passion and vision for spiritual outreach and nurture of children.
- Have the ability to relate well to adults and children.
- Be able to enthusiastically endorse the theological and biblical framework of the Evangelical Presbyterian Church and be willing to pursue membership in Knox Presbyterian Church unless waived by Session.
Please email Verna Hinman with your resume and cover letter. Be sure to address your personal qualifications in your cover letter. Resume and cover letter must be received no later than January 24, 2020. Thank you.