John Piper says, “Christians don’t fly solo. Our faith won’t survive unless brothers in Christ keep us accountable.” And he adds, “Christian friendships exist for this; to say things that will keep each other believing.” However, the world, the flesh, and the devil offer lies that we need to be independent, push through problems alone, and not be a bother to others.
But we hear in Hebrews 10:24-25, “And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds, not giving up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but encouraging one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching,” and Ecclesiastes 4:12 reads, “Though one may be overpowered, two can defend themselves. A cord of three strands is not quickly broken.”
Brothers in Christ, we invite you to join us on Wednesday nights (7:00pm-9:00pm) during June and July for our 2019 Men’s Summer Gatherings! This is a great opportunity to begin to build strong relationships with other men. Invite a friend, neighbor or co-worker and join us! If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact Bob Duerksen.
Here’s our schedule:
- June 12th @ Pastor Mike’s (contact Pastor Mike for directions and to RSVP)
- June 19th @ The Session Room, 3685 Jackson Rd, A2 (contact Lewis Clark to RSVP)
- June 26th @ Pastor Tom’s (contact Pastor Tom for directions and to RSVP)
- July 10th @ Buffalo Wild Wings, 3150 Boardwalk, A2 (contact Gil Rowlands to RSVP)
- July 17th @ John Brace’s (contact John for directions and to RSVP)
- July 24th @ Jim Fuch’s (contact Jim for directions and to RSVP)
- July 31st @ The Session Room, 3685 Jackson Rd, A2 (contact Dave Cobler to RSVP)