“I will make them joyful in my house of prayer … for my house shall be called a house of prayer for all nations.” – ISAIAH 56:7
The Prayer Ministry promotes prayer church-wide by encouraging and organizing prayer opportunities and providing training on prayer. Prayer is about communion with God. In prayer we spend time with God growing in our knowledge and love for the Lord. You can learn to pray by joining in a prayer group and listening to and praying with others.
While the many prayer needs of the world are overwhelming, Knox has focused prayer groups that make prayer accessible by gathering people to pray for a specific area of need. Each of these groups is an opportunity for you to bless others and grow in your relationship with the Lord.
Ministry Prayer Groups
People with a passion for a particular ministry area commit to pray as part of a group for the leaders, needs, and work of that ministry. These groups exist to support the Ministry Leader by covering all aspects of the ministry with praise, thanksgiving, and petition in the name of Jesus Christ.
- Marriage and Family Ministry Prayer Group (meets the second Tuesday of every month).
- Youth Ministry Prayer Group (meets the fourth Tuesday of every other month).
- Children’s Ministry Prayer Group (meets the third Tuesday of every other month).
- Missions Prayer Group (meets the second Wednesday every other month).
Ongoing focused prayer groups:
These ongoing prayer groups offer the opportunity to intentionally connect with the Lord and others in support of specific areas of need.
- Thursday Noon Prayer Group – prays for Knox Church, Washtenaw County, and the nation (meets Thursdays noon-1:00 PM in Hess Hospitality Room). Leader: Pastor Mike
- Sunday Pre-worship Prayer – covers all aspects of the Knox Worship service and Christian Education classes (meets Sundays 9:00-9:20 AM in Hess Hospitality Room). Leader: Pastor Tom
- Family Prayer Group – women meeting for scripture-based prayer for their family members (resumes September 18th, meets Mondays 1:00-2:00 PM in the Garden Room). Men are not excluded. Men wishing to join or start a similar group, please contact Monika. Leader: Monika Lamine
- Special Moms Prayer Group – mothers of special needs children who gather to share and pray for our children, our families, and each other (meets monthly). Leader: Monika Lamine
Short-term focused prayer groups:
These groups support prayer needs for a specific area of need as long as it is appropriate.
- Pastoral Search Committee Prayer Group (meets most Sundays 8:00-9:00 AM in Hess Hospitality Room). This group prays for the members and the work of the Pastoral Search Committee. Leaders: Marshall and Teresa Mattson
- Kids’ Camp Prayer Group (meets mornings 8:15-8:40 AM the week of Kids’ Camp). This group prays for the power and will of God in all aspects of Kids’ Camp. Leader: Monika Lamine
For questions about the Knox Prayer Ministry, please contact Monika Lamine.