Therefore, tell the people: This is what the LORD Almighty says: ‘Return to me,’ declares the LORD Almighty, ‘and I will return to you,’ says the LORD Almighty. – Zechariah 1:3
The LORD’s call to His people is always “Come to me” (Matthew 11:28) and “Return to me” (Zechariah 1:3). This is not a one-time profession of faith, but a daily, humble turning to the Lord to know Him better and receive guidance, strength, help and peace. What a precious gift it is to turn to the Lord in prayer, both individually and with others.
Here are several ways to grow in prayer as part of the Knox Community:
1. Receive one-on-one prayer opportunities for individual needs
- Call a fellow believer and pray with one another on the phone.
- You may request prayer through this link. A member of the Prayer Ministry team will call and briefly pray with you on the phone.
2. Join an on-going prayer group
- Sunday Pre-Worship Prayer – Everyone is invited to meet Sunday mornings in the Hess Hospitality room for a time of prayer before the worship service. We will pray from 9:00-9:20 AM.
- Chinese Community Prayer Group – A weekly prayer group for Mandarin speakers praying for one another, Knox, and the global church. Meets Sundays 12:00-12:45 PM via Zoom. Contact Linda Cai.
- Family Prayer group – A weekly women’s prayer group focused on praying for our family members. The group meets Mondays, 12:00 -1:00 PM via Zoom. Contact Monika Lamine.
- Thursday Noon Prayer – One hour prayer meeting for Knox and the Global Church. Thursdays 12:00-1:00 PM via Zoom. Contact Dave Murtonen.
- Children’s and Youth Ministry prayer group – A weekly prayer meeting to pray for the needs of children and families and God’s work through the Knox Children and Youth Ministries. Meets Fridays 9:30-10:30 AM via Zoom. Contact Tammy Ause.
- Special Moms prayer group – A monthly women’s prayer group focused on praying for Special Needs Children, ourselves, and our families. 3rd or 4th Tuesday of each month from 7:15–8:30 PM via Zoom and in person one Saturday morning each month. Contact Monika Lamine for details.
3. Initiate forming a new prayer group
If you are sensing a call to gather others to pray in a specific area, contact Monika Lamine, to start a discussion and determine how to move forward.