“I will make them joyful in my house of prayer … for my house shall be called a house of prayer for all nations.” – ISAIAH 56:7
The Knox Prayer Ministry promotes prayer church-wide by encouraging and organizing prayer opportunities and providing training on prayer. Each prayer group is open to new members and is an opportunity to bless others and grow in relationship with the Lord. Each group holds prayer requests in confidence within the group and acknowledges that the power and work of prayer is that of the Lord Jesus Christ and not our own.
Knox Ministry Prayer Groups
Are teams that commit to pray as part of a group for the leaders, needs, and work of a ministry they are particularly passionate about. We currently have five Ministry Prayer Groups that meet:
- Children’s Ministry (meets the third Tuesday of every other month).
- Marriage and Family Ministry (meets the second Tuesday of every month).
- Missions Ministry (meets the second Wednesday every other month).
- Women’s Ministry (meets the third Monday of every month).
- Youth Ministry (meets the fourth Tuesday of every other month).
Ongoing focused prayer groups:
These ongoing prayer groups offer the opportunity to intentionally connect with the Lord and others in support of specific areas of need.
- Knox Thursday Noon Prayer Group – meets weekly for one hour to pray for the Knox family, Washtenaw County and the Nation (meets Thursdays noon-1:00 PM in Hess Hospitality Room). Leader: Pastor Mike
- Family Prayer Group – meets for scripture-based prayer for their family members (meets Mondays 12:45-2:00 PM [resumes September 18th] in the Garden Room). Leader: Monika Lamine
- Sunday Pre-Worship Service Prayer – covers all aspects of the Knox Worship service and Christian Education classes (meets Sundays 9:00-9:20 AM in Hess Hospitality Room). Leader: Pastor Tom
- Special Moms Prayer Group – a group of mothers of special needs children who gather monthly to share and pray for our children, our families, and each other (meets the second Saturday of every month, 2:00-4:00 PM). Leader: Monika Lamine
- Praying Church Meeting – is a quarterly meeting of prayer representatives from local churches who come together to discuss and encourage one another in promoting a culture of prayer in our churches. For more information contact Linda Darlington.
Short-term focused prayer groups:
These groups support prayer needs for a specific area of need as long as it is appropriate.
- Pastoral Search Committee Prayer Group (meets most Sundays 8:00-9:00 AM in Hess Hospitality Room, praying while the Pastoral Search Committee meets). This group prays for the members of the Pastoral Search Committee and their work. Leaders: Marshall and Teresa Mattson
- Kids’ Camp Prayer Group (meets mornings 8:15-8:40 AM the week of Kids’ Camp). This group prays for the power and will of God in all aspects of Kids’ Camp. Leader: Monika Lamine
For questions about the Knox Prayer Ministry, please contact Monika Lamine.