I have good news!
Last week we announced that we would begin holding an outdoor service on July 12 at 11:00 am. This was based on the mandates last week in which indoor gatherings were limited to 10 and outdoor gatherings were limited to 100, with restrictions expected to relax at the beginning of July.
Earlier this week, however, a new mandate went into place. This allows indoor gatherings up to 25% of maximum capacity, up to 250; and outdoor gatherings up to 25% capacity, up to 500. For indoor gatherings, there is a requirement of social distancing and wearing masks unless an individual is unable to tolerate it for medical reasons. We have consulted our attorney and the Sheriff’s office and they have given us confirmation that we can begin to reopen.
Therefore, on behalf of the Session and the staff, I am excited to announce that we will begin worship services again on June 28. The schedule will be:
- June 28 and July 5 – indoor service at 9:30 am (up to 175 people, plus those leading worship; service will continue to be live-streamed)
- July 12 (and the Sundays after) – indoor service at 9:30 am (up to 175 people, plus those leading worship; service will continue to be live-streamed) and outdoor service at 11:00am, weather permitting (with larger capacity)
Some Important Information
- A sign-up system will be emailed out in advance. Sign-ups will be on first-come, first-serve basis. Please give others a chance to register before signing up two weeks in a row.
- Information will be forthcoming regarding parking, entrances, and exits.
- Certain pews in the sanctuary will be roped off in order to help us all social distance.
- Communion will resume on July 12 at both services. For the time being, elements will be prepackaged and available for pick-up on the way into the service in order to minimize viral vectors and respect social distancing requirements.
- Offering baskets will be placed outside each door of the sanctuary.
- For the time being, paper bulletins will not be used. The order of service will be projected on the screen or you may print your own before you arrive.
- Cleaning and sanitizing will be done before each service.
- Parents, please keep children with you to help respect others’ need for social distancing.
- The building is still not available for other groups and gatherings, but we will let you know as soon as the building can be opened for other purposes.
We have been waiting for this day for three months and this season has been hard for so many of us, but we rejoice in God’s sustaining grace and provision. We are excited to be able to regather again in a couple weeks. Please join me in giving thanks to God. I can’t wait to see you soon!
Grace and peace,